Before starting any job I do a research about what tools I
am going to need to do the job. I do not want to open the item with the wrong
tools because it would cause irreparable damages to the item, and I do not want
to get stuck in the middle of a repair because I do not have the tools to keep
going.
I have damaged so many flex cables in my life just because I
want to work fast. Just relax, sometimes it is frustrating taking some parts
off, the screws get stuck, or you get to the point that you do not remember how
the items were located inside that small case. When you get frustrated just
stop, take a walk, or do something different, sometimes is better to go away
for a while and when you come back you will remember.
I try to have the part that I need on my hand instead to
order and then figure out that I ordered the wrong part. The items are made in
China, Malaysia, and even Mexico by an extensive variety of supplier and even it
is the same camera it could have different displays inside. Why this happen?
Because one supplier cannot not provide all the parts for the great demand of
the world, and the different supplier have different technologies and can
supply a display that has the same characteristic with small differences, the
same happen to the main board, if the main board is different the LCD supplier
must change the LCD. So try to have the part that you are going to change on
your hand and compare it with the one that you are going to order, some seller
are very nice and will help you without an extra cost.
If you are installing the item with the help of a video, pay
close attention to the small details; sometimes I just focus my attention on
how to take the item apart but not small details and I have lost so much time
because of that. I changed the lens of a Nintendo Wii, I followed every single
step on the video, but I mute the video and I was missing an essential step
that was on the spoken part of the video, after hour of working with the item I
just have to take of a small piece of soldering on the flex that was there to
protect the part.
Just have fun when you fix something, you want to safe a
camera that you like, a phone that you love, a game console that has plenty of
life, and because you do not want to spend crazy money for a new item. It is
nice to learn and figure out how things work. If you are in a hurry just do not start the
job you do not have to be as fast as the video on YouTube.
Word
ReplyDelete